Lady Bird- pre-view

I am FINALLY watching Lady Bird this afternoon after over 4 months of waiting for the UK release. I hate it when you get a film later than the rest of the world. Because you hear the great things about the film, but you can't watch it yet.


So my anticipation for this film is at an all time high. I know the performances are going to be great because Saoirse Ronan has not made a dull film yet.

I trust Greta Gerwig to produce a perfect film, she is a great performer as an actress, she writes really fully formed characters. This film is more of a personal film for her, because it's an almost auto-biographical film, it's set in Sacramento California, where Gerwig grew up as a teenager, it takes place in a Catholic school which Gerwig actually didn't attend in high school, but she wanted to add the feeling of being in an environment that is very much the place you want to rebel against as a teenager going through the angst all teens go through.



I have heard that the film is rather short, that you want more. The running time is 1 hour and 30 minutes. I think I may have the same feeling when the end comes, of wanting more.

I have just ordered the soundtrack, after listening to the podcast of Soundtracking with Edith Bowman, which is the perfect thing to listen to before going to see the film. Especially if you love movie soundtracks. 

I buy more movie soundtracks than any other genre of music.






Music is my life, it forms a part of my life that gives meaning to it. I loved all the previous films Greta has been associated with, especially in no particular order: 20th Century Women, Frances Ha, and now Lady Bird. What these all have in common are great soundtracks, to accompany the film that makes the film that more infinitely perfect.

Congratulations to Greta Gerwig on her recognition, she wholly deserves all of it. 


I shall post a review, hopefully soon after I see the film. I am planning on watching I Tonya a couple of hours after. I want to fit in a two film binge at two separate cinemas, because they're both important films for me, personally, about women, the relationships between mother and daughter, two very different relationships in both films. Written and directed by Greta Gerwig, and one produced by and starring Margot Robbie.

Bring on the future of female film making in Hollywood!
Twitter: @mysticmeg13 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Creating a Successful Business in a Small Cornish Town

Batman's Legacy...is The Dark Knight's Joker!

The end is finally here